Re: [BKARTS] Brown Bookcloth/linen

James,

Which of the Ulster linens do you typically use and how do you size it?

Thanks.

Kathy Wolford, Mineral Springs, Pa., kathleenwolford@xxxxxxxxx

James Tapley <JTHANDBOOK@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Susan... We are all apprentices till we get our wings! Have you looked at
www.covermaterial.com, 1.800.225.7132? You'll get samples really fast. check
out BL-11000, Hickory Linen. But I find matching texture, feel, more of an
issue than color. Modern backcloths are just so different in their making from
their mid-1800's parents.
In my own work I buy unbleached handkerchief linen from The Ulster Linen
Company, http://www.ulsterlinen.com/2.htm. I wash, size, and paper line it for the
best quality match I know. If necessary it is easily tinted with dilute
Lascaux acrylics. Best, James