Re: [BKARTS] animal hide glue

Oh, dear, I don't know the correct terminology.  What I am seeing in the
internet samples and catalogue pages is a fabric that has no design
woven into or stamped onto the cloth, with the warp and weft threads
being simply at right angles to each other.

I have been picking up books about bookbinding as I can find (and afford) them, but most of what I see is geared toward the very early bindings and seem to stop at the 18th c. So, I don't have much to go on except my own observations at this point. Any suggestions about early-to-mid 19th century cloth binding references? Greatly appreciated, if you have them!

Susan

Edward Stansell wrote:

Susan,

Please explain the term "plain weave," it might be helpful to those who would
aid you.

Regards,

Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/