Re: [BKARTS] plain weave

It seems I inadvertently used the term correctly, then.  What I see on
my books is an over one/under/one pattern (hidden under a stamped
pebble-type design).

The twill you describe results in a pattern of essentially diagonal parallel lines, no?

Thanks!

Susan

Virginia Turnbull wrote:

Plain weave typically is a textile that's woven over one, under one, --as
opposed to a twill (where the weft typically goes over or under 2 or more
warp threads), huck, etc.  Sheets are most often woven in plain weave
whereas jeans (for example) are woven in a kind of twill.