[BKARTS] bindery work at living history/open-air museums

With the recent discussion of 18th/19th c. bindings, I'm finally
prompted to ask a question that I've been wanting to ask for a while:

Does anyone on the list do volunteer or paid handbinding at a living
history or open-air museum (such as, in my area for example, Historic
Deerfield, Old Sturbridge Village, or Mystic Seaport)? I am on a
museum list as well, and a couple of times there have been queries
coming through from exhibit folks looking for reproduction books,
etc. I know at OSV they have craftsmen such as blacksmiths and
printers at work, but I haven't seen a binder. A binder would be a
good complement to a printer.

---Amy West

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004