Re: [BKARTS] Patriot act takes an artist

The New York Times ran an article about this today, at http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/07/nyregion/07buffalo.html?pagewanted=all&position= (using the site may require registration).

Not only do I resent the weirdly blind fascism of the FBI, I also feel unsafe: there *are* real threats to the US, and it would be nice if the FBI worked on pursuing them, rather than harrassing performance-art groups. As a representative of the ACLU says in the article, the initial investigation was legal and reasonable, but it should have become clear that the Critical Art Ensemble doesn't pose much of a threat to our life and liberty. Bah. Anyway, this is all somewhat off-topic for a book arts group.

Does anyone know if there is a Yahoo group (or something) that discusses government fear of the arts?

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004