Re: [BKARTS] patriot act

Dear all

I agree with just about everything Matthew Garelick says, but I would
respectfully suggest that this subject is very much on message for this or
any other forum in these days. I welcome the introduction of this topic
here, because we would probably not have heard about it otherwise.  Clearly
it would not be appropriate debate every political event or movement in
this forum, but this seems relevant to all of us.

My understanding is that Mr Kurtz l is totally innocent of any
wrongdoing.  Having seen and heard of other equally innocent academics
persecuted by our government in recent years, I would suggest that   we
need to support our fellow artists and citizens in whatever ways we
can.  It seems to me that unless our free thought, action and speech are
protected, the dialog enjoyed within this group and others like it will be
impossible.

Sincerely

Candy Kuhl

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung