[BKARTS] Another view about Canadian freedom

I, too, am a Canadian; however, I do not share Jamie JT's opinions
about our government and our liberty. In fact there are many who feel
that, since September 11, 2001, new laws limiting civil liberties in
Canada have more repressive powers than new laws passed in the U.S.
or the U.K. Those interested can read: "Anti-Terrorism and the
Security Agenda: Impacts on Rights, Freedoms and Democracy": Report
from International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group public forum,
Ottawa, 17 February 2004. Participants included about a dozen
Canadian Civil Society organizations, along with Focus on the Global
South, Statewatch, the American Civil Liberties Union, SUARAM and the
Asian People's Security Network and the Center for Constitutional
Rights.
see: http://www.statewatch.org/news/2004/may/ICLMGreport.pdf

I have seen web sites of several artists from this list whose art
criticises the government and who probably feel as I do that this
latest thread is not off-topic at all.

June-Etta Chenard

******* text separator *******