According to the news report in the New York Times the E-Coli was not a
strain that was toxic. It was purchased legally. There was no secrecy to Steven
Kurtz's use of the bacteria in his art. In fact it has been a part of a traveling
exhibition for two years. Steven's wife died of heart failure not exposure to
bacteria.

My, my how fearful we have all become. I thought this was an Artist's
listserve!

Below is a link to the Artist Collective website to which Steven Kurtz
belongs and is a founding member :
Click here: intro

Leonard Seastone

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung