Though the bacteria was produced legally, it seems unlikely that it was
also approved for human use or consumption. Also mentioned in the NYT
article was beer containing human dna available for human consumption.
An FDA approved product?

Maybe our pharmaceutical giants could get their PR guys to reposition
them as arts organizations and work up good manifesto. Then we could
experience the dual benefit of having access to cheeper drugs (no need
for all that pesky testing, we know it's harmless), and we could buy
artwork over the counter!

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx