Re: [BKARTS] bindery work at living history/open-air museums

Does anyone on the list do volunteer or paid handbinding at a living
history or open-air museum (such as, in my area for example, Historic
Deerfield, Old Sturbridge Village, or Mystic Seaport)? I am on a
museum list as well, and a couple of times there have been queries
coming through from exhibit folks looking for reproduction books,
etc. I know at OSV they have craftsmen such as blacksmiths and
printers at work, but I haven't seen a binder. A binder would be a
good complement to a printer.

---Amy West

There was a binder at work the last time I visited Old Sturbridge, which
was some four or five years ago. I have to admit, though, I don't remember
much about her or her work. That particular day, I was much more fascinated
with the bottle kiln that the potter was unloading and by the mangelwurtzel
field by the cider press.

John Cutrone
Convivio Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida