From: Jules Siegel <siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patriot act takes an artist  (good!)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:41:38 -0500

Don Drake wrote:

> Though the bacteria was produced legally, it seems unlikely that it was
also approved for human use or consumption. Also mentioned in the NYT
article was beer containing human dna available for human consumption.
> An FDA approved product?

Why would the FDA be involved in the approval of a non-pharmaceutical
substance known to be entirely harmless to human health? Does the FDA
have to approve the consumption of yoghurt, which contains
lactobacillus? You're probably consuming human dna every time you clear
your throat.

--
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/robot.htm

http://www.newsroom-l.net