Edward Stansell wrote:

Since we are on that footing, you mention Picasso and Jackson Pollack. Anyone can produce such "art."

I doubt if you can. I'm not joking. Get started and see if you can even produce a copy of an existing work by Pollack or Picasso that will fool anyone, much less a curator.

Can you draw the Picasso dove freehand right now? Try it a few times and
see how easy it us. Then send me your best scan and I'll put it online
for the others here to judge.

I would do cubism too if I insisted on being considered an artist, yet lacked natural ability. As for Jackson Pollack, preschoolers can, and I might add, do work of that caliber when armed with a few jars of finger paint.

I personally don't like either Pollack or Picasso, but I think that you are just blowing smoke when you ignore the craftsmanship involved in their works.

Are you a betting man? How much do you want to bet that you can't even
reproduce a fair resemblance of one of their works, much less create a
new one that will satisfy a high school art teacher?

--
http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/robot.htm

http://www.newsroom-l.net

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung