On Jun 8, 2004, at 2:37 PM, Jennybean wrote:

<snip>

BUT HERE'S The POINT:

*YOU don't get to DECIDE what's ART*
I don't get to decide either.
Or my Husband.

And the FEDs shouldn't get to decide either.

<snip>

The bookbinder I work with, Daniel
Knowlton, [says]...

"When I sit down and bind a dictionary and gold tool it and
everything, it's craft. When Richard [Minsky] does the same thing and
then seals it in a fiberglass box so that no one can read it, that's
art."

So now we know who can decide what art is!

vernon
Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA
6156/248-5434

Period bookbinding and restoration, by hand.

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004