But I like his style.  :-)   And he's right.  You go to an antique show,
and the Queen Anne chair is a commodity.   The MOMA buys it and builds
an acrylic case to enclose it, it's early American decorative art.

He taking more students?

Susan

Jennybean wrote:

I am trying to decide how to respond to this because I don't know you
well enough to tell if you are being a jackass or not. I probably
shouldn't have mentioned him, since he is not online to defend
himself.

That is a totally accurate quote though.

<snip>

BUT HERE'S The POINT:

*YOU don't get to DECIDE what's ART*
I don't get to decide either.

> Or my Husband.

And the FEDs shouldn't get to decide either.

> <snip>

The bookbinder I work with, Daniel
Knowlton, [says]...

"When I sit down and bind a dictionary and gold tool it and
everything, it's craft. When Richard [Minsky] does the same thing and
then seals it in a fiberglass box so that no one can read it, that's
art."

So now we know who can decide what art is!

vernon
Wiering Books
1553 Orville Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 USA