Re: [BKARTS] Patriot act takes an artist

At 04:52 PM 08/06/2004 -0500, you wrote:
control control control

Boy, I was away for all of this, and came back to a very full in-box. Takes me back to the good old days in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, when invective was an art form.

What to say?  It is very hard for a person to be attacked by his own
government at a time when he is at best in shock and mourning.  I don't
know how to characterize this as anything but uncivilized.  And this is
from a guy who has no very high view of civilization as a concept.

Fear is a very destabilizing emotion.  It pushes us beyond what we would
ordinarily contemplate as reasonable.  And that is where we seem to be,
isn't it?

Gavin

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004