Re: [BKARTS] genetically modifed art?

Without getting into the politics, one small factual correction.

> I wasn't familiar with the word transgenic. Turns out that transgenic is
the
> nice way of saying genetically modified organism.  So, it seems that this
> artist (nut) was actually conducting DNA modifications of E. coli, at
home?!

Actually, the modifications were done by a microbiology lab in Pittsburgh,
according to the Christian Science Monitor.  This is consistent with the
charge of "possession of biological agents", rather than anything to do with
their production.  This means, incidentally, that they know the microbes
were harmless, unlike, say, the contents of the average student flat.

Abi
www.bookweb.sunpig.com

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004