[BKARTS] Book size aesthetics

I am making a wedding album.  I am thinking of making the height 11" and the
width 10".

The only rule I know for designing the proportion of width to
height is that one should avoid true squares because they tend to look short
and squat and that making them a little taller than they are wide will make
it actually look square.

Are there any other rules?  For most books, I would just make it how I
wanted to try and enjoy... but this one needs to appeal to a more general
aesthetic sense.

 - Rachael Schechter
   University of Pennsylvania

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung