Re: [BKARTS] Fibonacci series - also pages for handbinding redux

Hi, Candy -

Oh, you bet! I had a glimmer of an idea, in the back of my mind, that
someone might want to do that. I'm a baby book-artist myself, but
haven't had any specific ideas for those poems. (In case anyone's
interested, photos of some of my books are online at
http://www.mayapplepress.com/bookwks.html

BTW, the Mayapple Press site as a whole features the publications of my
small literary press. Some weeks ago I offered to do sets of pages for
hand-binding, but the discussion got off into the problems of
cross-grain paper and no one ever indicated any interest...

I'm still willing, although I'm not at all sure any more how to reach
people who might be interested on an ongoing basis. Other than this
list, of course. Since I'm offering it as a convenience for people
rather than as part of a "business plan," it doesn't make sense to do
serious advertising.

So, just a reminder... http://www.mayapplepress.com

Judy Kerman
Mayapple Press

>>> candy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 6/11/2004 12:38:25 AM >>>
Judy

Thank you for that explanation, and the poetry.  Wonderful!

I've collaborated with poets on books in the past, and would like to do
so
again.  Both of these poems appeal to me as artist books.  Would you
be
open to that?

Candy

At 12:41 AM 6/10/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I was going to send a few samples by side-channel, but I guess
3
>inquiries counts as somewhat more interest...
>
>Fibonacci poems are a syllabic form. Typically the first two lines
each
>consist of one single-syllable word, then the next line is 2
syllables
>(one or 2 words), then 3 syllables, then 5 then 8, then 13, etc.
>syllables, however many words are needed. A Mirror Fibonacci then
>reverses. There's also some sort of Golden Mean structure, and
something
>called a Nautilus, more complicated, that I haven't tried. The guy
who
>seems to have invented the form (or at least has put it online) is
Denis
>Garrison. He's active in the online haiku community, which turns out
>be big, active and serious. I can't find the page where the best
>explanations are; it's probably his, but his page seems to be down
>tonight.
>
>Anyway, here are two of mine - I've only written 3, actually.
"Parable"
>is irregular, because the last line repeats the 13. "Motorcycle
Jacket"
>is a mirror fibonacci. I like to print them centered (not something I
>normally do!)  BTW, I do not intend to put these into the public
domain
>by posting them. Copyright Judith Kerman 2004; all rights reserved.
>
>Parable
>
>Small
>green
>apples
>fall on the
>ground around the tree,
>hard enough to bruise. Something soft
>appears where soil and apple kiss: rot begins to stain
>the metal with something the color of blood, sweetness.
>

>Motorcycle Jacket
>
>They
>walk
>through the
>dark garden
>cautious and breathless.
>The night surrounds them, black leather.
>They want to find something to tell each other about
>light, but the belt keeps tightening.
>Soon there will be no
>way to see
>his face,
>her
>eyes.
>

>It's fun - the form seems to generate unexpected content, which often
>happens to me when I work in forms.
>
>Judy Kerman

>Dear Judy Kerman
>
>I want to know more about fibonacci poems.
>
>Candy
>candy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>At 08:01 PM 6/9/04 -0400, you wrote:
> >Intensely cool. BTW, I am one of those crazy people who write
>fibonacci
> >poems (a syllabic form).
> >
> >Judy Kerman

> >Cool.