Re: [BKARTS] Rusted nails in signatures

There is a two-chemical treatment by the use of sodium dithionite and
EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) which will chelate the iron
particles, reduce them and reduce the staining to a considerable extent.
It is effective for staple, paper clip and some iron-caused foxing
stains.  The process a somewhat complex, so it might not be advisable
for all skill levels.

Doug Sanders

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004