Re: [BKARTS] Rusted nails in signatures

Please see my most recent posting- two references are given.  The two
chemicals work much better together than one alone; iron rust isn't very
soluble on its own, so it must be reduced to a different, more soluble
ionic state.  That is the purpose of the sodium dithionite. EDTA is a
chelating agent which surrounds (complexes) the iron and leaves it out
of reactions it would normally participate in (such as catalyzing
cellulose degredation).

-You'll find EDTA in your shampoo, to remove chlorine and other metals
from hair.

Doug

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004