Re: [BKARTS] Apprentice Bookboard - mold of four shades

Robert.

The preservative that we like is thymol in solution with ethanol. Prepare out
of doors or under a fume hood. The other is ethyl parabin. Oil of wintergreen
works also but not as well. You may also try paranitrophenol. I advise buying
it ready mixed because it is a cyanic. It may be purchased from Talas under
the name of "leather protector."  That product is .7% paranitrophenol.

Regards,

Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung