[BKARTS] Counter Die on Book Board

I am stamping a book cover with a counter die. The image comes out quite
well, however, there the impression of the counter die remains on the
backside of the cover and it will show through the end pages. I could
use an extra thick end page, but I would rather just fill it in with
some kind of putty/paper mache/glue/...  We are doing several hundred
books. Any suggestions

Thanks,

John

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung