Re: [BKARTS] paper cutter query

In a message dated 5/30/2004 1:39:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jchenard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I would like to hear from people who have experience
using the Kutrimmer.
I have been using my Kutrimmer 1071 for almost 4 years. I cut board on it
weekly and have never had to have the blade sharpened. I do pay attention to
squaring it up and find it works very well. The board I use is Oliner Board which
is quite dense, denser I think than Davey Board. I generally use more .084
board than the thinner board and it cuts just fine. I don't know about using it
to trim text blocks as I use a plough for this purpose. The way a blade slices
on a paper cutter is different I think than a guillotine action.  This has
been discussed before and I think there should be some good info inth Archives
from people like Bill Minter who know a whole lot more about cutting angles than
I do. But I can say I am extremely happy with my Kutrimmer...it's the most
important(to me) piece of equipment I have. It does not take the place of a
Board Shear but certainly makes up for it by having a much smaller footprint. The
1071 is 27" and is a tabletop. Mine sits on top of a double stack of paper
files about 32 " high which is nice and sturdy.
Sorry my reply is a little late, but it's summer and I've been  away!
Best wishes
Nancy Bloch
San Diego

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung