Re: [BKARTS] Odd leather question

Hello Melissa:

Don Drake's reply is a good one but it was probably the moisture that
dulled the sheen.

If you are careful, just a light wiping with a moistened soft sponge
(use regular tap water) us city kids thrive on it.

This will remove some of the shine. It may also darken the color a
bit. Let the leather dry before working with it again.

Gregor Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.

Hi - Does anyone have a good method for permanently dulling the
glossy surface of some goatskins, without damage to the leather?  If
it helps, I'm using a Harmatan skin, grade 2, dark brown, and I want
it to have a very matte appearance. It will be used structurally and
also as feather onlays. Any ideas are much appreciated,
Melissa Jay Craig, Chicago
(a long-time lurker)

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004