Re: [BKARTS] Odd leather question

Mellisa.
It doesn't take much. Usually just getting it bit wet will do it.
Dave

At 01:17 PM 6/22/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi - Does anyone have a good method for permanently dulling the glossy surface of some goatskins, without damage to the leather?  If it helps, I'm using a Harmatan skin, grade 2, dark brown, and I want it to have a very matte appearance. It will be used structurally and also as feather onlays. Any ideas are much appreciated,
>Melissa Jay Craig, Chicago
>(a long-time lurker)

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004