Re: [BKARTS] Odd leather question

Don,
Maybe it's our terrible water? I certainly don't drink Victoria water.
<grin>
Dave
At 10:58 PM 6/22/04 -0700, you wrote:
>> Mellisa.
>> It doesn't take much. Usually just getting it bit wet will do it.
>> Dave
>
>Okay folks. That's three recommendations to wet the leather to take the
>gloss off and every one from a reliable source. I use the Harmatan
>skins mentioned as my primary leather and get it wet while pasting all
>the time. I'm not seeing any dulling of the surface as a result.
>
>Don Drake
>Dreaming Mind
>
>ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>IM: stitchbyhand
>http://www.dreamingmind.com
>http://www.hughstump.com
>(510) 537-9711

>                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
>         Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition
>            Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004
>
>      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004