From: "MelissaJay Craig" <CamilleEon@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] odd leather question: oops

> Many thanks to everyone who replied!  I get the list in digest form, so I
read them all this morning.  Gregor and Bill, I apologize - I should have
said that I had already dampened and boarded the leather before consulting
the list.  It didn't quite give me the surface I'm seeking. Virginia, I had
thought of lightly abrading, but that to me seemed to be damaging the
leather. However, it's good to know someone else has used that method
successfully.  I may end up there.  Don, thanks - I'd like not to lose the
texture, but since your steaming worked so well, I think what I will try is
to dampen and board once or twice more, with hot water.
> I won't be using paste, so I need to have the surface exactly as I want it
before adhering the leather.  As you may have guessed, it's an artist's
book.
> Thanks again for all the input,
> Melissa
> Chicago