[BKARTS] Gelatin as Glue

Carole,

You can use gelatin the same way that you would use any other hide
glue. I fill my glue pot about 2/3 full with the granules, and then mix
in water until everything seems to be wet. I then let it sit over night
- it ends up looking sort of like cream of wheat in the morning. I then
put it into the glue pot and heat it up for use. I have a second glue
pot where I do the same thing, but I add about 2 tablespoons of
glycerin once it is heated. This makes the resulting glue more flexible.

Hope this helps,
Frank Lehmann
Lehmann Bindery

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung