Re: [BKARTS] Dead-Media bogeyman + photo storage

In a message dated 6/25/04 1:19:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time, abi@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Every year I bind up 6 photo
 albums with the best pictures of the year, and include a CD at the back with
 the "short list" of 100 or so as well as the 30 that go into the album.  >>

My advice is against the culling of pictures.  With CDs costing pennies,
include the entire collection.  You never know what might come up. What is best
today is no assurance that it will be best in the future. A perfect example of
this is asbestos.  Suddenly, because of law suits, any picture involving
asbestos is in great demand and even valuable.

Cardinal rule of photo archiving: never cull.  Another pointer I picked up
from Tom Robinson.

Dean

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004