Re: [BKARTS] vinyl? plastic? polyporpylene? covers

You might be thinking of plasticizers- a category of additives to films
that increase flexibility.  Generally, a soft, flexible sheet like PVC
will have a larger amount than a more rigid 'crinkly' plastic film like
Mylar, or other polypropylenes or polyethylenes.
Over time, the plasticizers migrate to the surface and can cause
stickiness and/or greasiness to be offset onto whatever they're in
contact with.

-Doug Sanders

> Doesn't vinyl also have a chemical in it that can casue some inks and
toners
> to make the pages stick together? I seem to recall hearing that
somewhere.

> Robert and Jamie Angus

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004