[BKARTS] folding printed paper

I have a project which involves folding down the center of heavy matte paper
that has been printed on in an inkjet printer.  The paper has photographs
printed on it, so the ink covers the entire surface of the paper.   The paper
folds beautifully before printing, but sometimes the fold will crack a tiny bit
when it is printed on then folded,  is there anything I can do to eliminate the
fold from cracking?
Rena Oldham

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004