Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 2 Sep 2004 to 3 Sep 2004 (#2004-240)

An acrylic medium like Liquitex applied prior to folding should solve the
problem. I've used ClearShield Type C liquid laminate, (gloss, semi-gloss or
matte) <www.clearstarcorp.com> for small concertina books as well as mural
sized jobs <http://www.worldprintmakers.com/english/simpson/bank.htm>
Dot

On 9/4/04 12:00 AM, "Automatic digest processor" <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Date:    Fri, 3 Sep 2004 23:35:48 EDT
> From:    Rena Scott <Tornpaperbooks@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: folding printed paper
>
> I have a project which involves folding down the center of heavy matte paper
> that has been printed on in an inkjet printer.  The paper has photographs
> printed on it, so the ink covers the entire surface of the paper.   The paper
> folds beautifully before printing, but sometimes the fold will crack a tiny
> bit
> when it is printed on then folded,  is there anything I can do to eliminate
> the
> fold from cracking?
> Rena Oldham

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung