[BKARTS] Use Bookpress on Comic Books to get wrinkles/folds out?

Hello,

First of all, thanks to all of you who contribute to this listserv! I've
been lurking for a year now and have learned so much. Call me crazy, but I
find it very relaxing to sit back on the weekends and go through the
accumulated emails I get from here.

This is the first time I have asked a question.

I have a customer who has several comic books that are wrinkled from use. No
damage due to water, just everyday use and he is wanting to sell them on
e-bay, etc.

I've searched the archives and either use the wrong keyword of 'comic' to
get any results or this question hasn't been asked before. Although I
enjoyed one posting that reads:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Anne Lane wrote:

> Do you use funny bones when rebinding comic books?

No, it is preferable to use the humerus. It can be very disarming.

R*

Any suggestions and information on how to press the wrinkles and folds out
will be appreciated. Seems to me it should be straightforward, which means
it probably isn't!

Thank You,

Connie Peabody

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung