Re: [BKARTS] Use Bookpress on Comic Books to get wrinkles/folds out?

Connie,
When I was a child, our butler used to iron the newspaper to make it look pristine for when Papa came in and we had messed it all up. I would assume that ironing it would work although you probably could just press it in a document press overnight to accomplish the same thing.
Dave
At 10:19 PM 9/9/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>First of all, thanks to all of you who contribute to this listserv! I've
>been lurking for a year now and have learned so much. Call me crazy, but I
>find it very relaxing to sit back on the weekends and go through the
>accumulated emails I get from here.
>
>This is the first time I have asked a question.
>
>I have a customer who has several comic books that are wrinkled from use. No
>damage due to water, just everyday use and he is wanting to sell them on
>e-bay, etc.
>
>I've searched the archives and either use the wrong keyword of 'comic' to
>get any results or this question hasn't been asked before. Although I
>enjoyed one posting that reads:
>
>On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Anne Lane wrote:
>
>> Do you use funny bones when rebinding comic books?
>
>No, it is preferable to use the humerus. It can be very disarming.
>
>R*
>
>Any suggestions and information on how to press the wrinkles and folds out
>will be appreciated. Seems to me it should be straightforward, which means
>it probably isn't!
>
>Thank You,
>
>Connie Peabody

>                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
>         Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition
>            Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>             ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED -- NOW October 1, 2004
>
>      Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you
may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
John Quincy Adams, 1767 - 1848

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung