Re: [BKARTS] making ebooks - software

There are some good freebies out there for creating PDFs. There are also
products that charge alot less than a full version of Adobe. More are
available for the PC than the Mac. I have used a few with very good results,
and they are readable through the Acrobat viewer as well as generic viewers.

You can check these out or do a search on Google and more will surface.

http://www.pdfFactory.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

> From: "Peter D. Verheyen" <verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:15:17 -0400
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [BKARTS] making ebooks - software
>
> Paul,
>
> Adobe Acrobat <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html>.  Adobe
> also has a fee based online system at
> <https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl/2509431109.73017?BP=IE&v=AHP>
>
> While pdf files are everywhere, it is a proprietary format and only Adobe
> has the creation software. Elements of it may be imbedded in other programs
> though, but don't quote me on that. The price is actually quite reasonable
> given what it does.
>
> Peter
>
>> hi everyone,
>>
>> what software is good for making a .pdf from a word .doc ?
>>
>> thanks
>

> __________________________________
>
> Peter D. Verheyen
> Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
> <verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> <http://www.philobiblon.com>

> Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
> Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition
> Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com>
> ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED -- NOW October 1, 2004
>
> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung