Re: [BKARTS] Book binding in Bolivia

Alex Appella,

Kudos for a magnificent  concept and project.  This is the kind of
involvement  the generates  understanding between cultures and peoples.
 You are to be commended for your efforts.  The use of the arts can
truly unify the world.  Your sensitivity to the women involved is
evident.  Their work is inspiring and so are  the women.

Continued success,

JMP Atelier
Joan Michaels Paque

Transient Books wrote:

Hello all,
I've updated the website that shares the bookbinding project we've been =
coordinating with women in mining camps in southern Bolivia.=20
http://www.transientbooks.com/bolivia/boliviahome.htm
Finally there are photos on line of the books they have made and =
repaired, and a more simplified description of the project itself. I =
just returned from my third round of workshops there. The highlights =
included their first book exposition, hand-bound autobiographies, and a =
consolidated group of women who in less than a year have initiated a =
process that promotes their identity, independence and provides economic =
alternatives.=20
Enjoy!
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com

*********************************************** =20 Spring[binding]Hath Sprung Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com> ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED -- NOW October 1, 2004 =20 Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com> ***********************************************

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung