[BKARTS] Nipping Press vs Book Press

In regards to a query on removing folds in comic books someone wrote:
"Do the same for each page and then place in a book press (not a nipping
press)". I do know the difference between the two but can someone
explain why I should not press a comic book in a nipping press. In our
shop we use whatever tool will do the job.

Thanks

Charles
Ginkgo Leaf Books

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung