[BKARTS] Call for Entries

Call for entries for an exhibition of artists books, to be held at The
Hunterdon Museum of Art, Aug. 14 to Oct. 16, 2005

The Elements: Creative Energy
Science, art and philosophy intermingle in our quest to discern the origin of
our world and our inner selves. The ancient western belief was that four
elements, earth, water, fire and air, work in concert, to create balance out of
chaos. This was a way of beginning to understand relationships in many aspects
of the natural world. In eastern tradition there are forms of energy, or forces
of nature, that interact with our whole physical, psychological and emotional
balance, and are constantly being transformed from one into another.
The alchemists believed they could create new substances. As artists, we
create and transform. This exhibit ask you to explore and respond to this theme by
creating an artist's book or a broadside.

Guest Curator: Maria G. Pisano
Maria is the director of MGP Studio Arts. She publishes her  books under the
Memory Press imprint and teaches workshops and classes in all aspects of the
book arts. She has been exhibiting her artists' books since the early eighties
in shows throughout the country. Her works are in numerous collections
including the Library of Congress, Library of the Smithsonian American Art Museum,The
Ruth and Marvin Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry, Harvard
University, Stanford University, University of Alberta, and many others.
She has published a number of articles in book arts publications including:
Tabellae Ansatae and Dog Eared Magazine. She is the featured artist in the
Spring 2004 issue of Tabellae Ansatae.

For additional information and to download a prospectus go to:
HunterdonArtMuseum.org
Questions? Call Donna Gustafson, Director of Exhibitions
908 735 8415 ext. 17
donna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Hunterdon Museum of Art
7 Lower Center Street