Re: [BKARTS] pva and padding compound

Rena,

Padding compound is PVA that has been compounded with
clay, cornstarch or the like to reduce bond strength
(and cost) PVAs have overkill bonding properties and
they can be cut by as much as 50% and still be a quite
effective adhesive. When I was in the supply business,
I sold PVA/EVA products, some of which I compounded
with 50% Bentonite clay to be sold as padding
compound.

Regards,

Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/