[BKARTS] An Exhibition in Brooklyn

Dear Friends
I wanted to let you know about my show at the Brooklyn Public
Library.

Six Wives for the Brothers Grimm presents six dioramas exploring
themes raised by Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm and other sources of fairy or folk
tales. Designed for Brooklyn¹s more urban, plural environment, the panels
depict sculptural figures I created by applying traditional and
non-traditional book-binding techniques to pigment-stiffened articles of
clothing embedded with objects. Many of the figures open to reveal
one-of-a-kind books and additional objects. Serving as the characters¹ inner
voices, the hand-made books contain excerpts from Emily Dickinson poems
about the personal tragedies, usually romantic, people secretly endure. The
lettering in the texts is all hand-cut, reflecting the fragility of their
expressions.

Exhibition Dates: August 31 - October 10, 2004
Location: Brooklyn Public Library - CENTRAL LIBRARY,
 Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn, NY
Balcony Cases - Mezzanine Level
www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org

A direct link to the show is

http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/six_brides.jsp

If you scroll down, two of the six cases shown there

Library Hours:
Tues: 10-9
Wed: 10-9
Thurs: 10-9