[BKARTS] Three yap binding

There is a new binding in my online catalog. It's a rebound paperback four
volume set titled _Francis of Assissi: Early Documents_, in full goatskin
over thin boards with three yaps. I looked for historical examples to copy
for the structure, but didn't find any, so I had to develop a new one.

This is a case binding with machine headbands (cost restraint) that needed
to have a traditional look and feel, and hearken back to earlier times
while still being a 21st century book. There were client requirements of
imagery and titling style as well. I chose different contemporary hand
marbled papers from Talas for each volume to help keep it current. To help
give an old feeling I did the edges of the pages in Armenian bole and gold
leaf.

I would like to know if anyone has a leather binding in boards with three
yaps, or a picture of one, that I can compare this to.

You can see it at

http://minsky.com/st-francis.htm

--
 Richard