[BKARTS] Correction -- ABBEY NEWSLETTER

Friends and Colleagues,
A couple of weeks ago, I included the following note with a message
about "rebinding a broken paperback".
>>>   Note:  THE ABBEY NEWSLETTER has been published by Ellen McCrady
for almost thirty years.   (deleted sentence)   The ABBEY NEWSLETTER
has been the greatest source of information for bookbinders, book and
paper conservators, and others in related fields. I am sorry to see
that THE ABBEY NEWSLETTER (deleted) discontinued. THANK YOU ELLEN for
keeping me informed these past 30 years about everything related to
book and paper conservation. >>>

I was mistaken when I said that the "last issue" had arrived. I stand
corrected --- I now understand that there are three remaining issues of
Volume 27 to be published this year. Apparently, Number 4 of Volume 27
is at the printers right now, and it will be followed by two more
issues. After that, THE ABBEY NEWSLETTER will be discontinued, "unless
we find a new editor", according to Ellen McCrady.

Ellen has published THE ABBEY NEWSLETTER since 1975. It has been a
wonderful source of information for all these years, without
affiliation with any professional organization. So, basically, it has
been a "one person show" that all of us have respected and admired.
Again, THANK YOU ELLEN, for keeping me informed all these years.

Fortunately, Ellen will continue her publication of the MOLD REPORTER,
another equally informative newsletter.

Sincerely,
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike