Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 22 Sep 2004 to 23 Sep 2004 (#2004-260)

In a message dated 9/24/04 12:12:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Date:    Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:17:57 -0400
> From:    Barbara Fay Wiese <bwiese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Hw to hinge photographs together?
>
> I am making a book that includes a page consisting of 5 hinged-together
> photographs.  There is a central photo and I want two photos to unfold
> above it, one to fold out from the right side, and one to unfold down
> below the central picture.
> =20
> There used to be a gummed woven product that musicians used to hinge
> sheet music together, but I haven't had that for over a decade!  What is
> a current product or method I can use to get a thin, flexible connection
> for these photos? =20
> =20
> Thank you for any suggestions.
> Barbara Fay

Barbara,

Have you thought about using Tyvek? It is thin, flexible, and strong and can
be colored and glued easily.  I'm told you can get Tyvek tape, though I've not
used it.

Sally Canzoneri

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung