[BKARTS] hingeing together

I was recently told by someone in the Cornell University Book
Conservation Department to never use the self sticking products -
that they will deteriorate and discolor over time.  Instead they
recommended making your own hinges from paper and paste.  In this
case, I would suggest Tyvek for the paper part, or a Japanese paper.

Barbara Fay Wiese wrote:

I am making a book that includes a page consisting of 5 hinged-together
photographs.  . . . . .  What is
a current product or method I can use to get a thin, flexible connection
for these photos? =20

and Jan replied

I use a self adhesive archival linen tape to hinge window mats to
backing mats.
--
Henrietta in Blue Hill Maine

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung