[BKARTS] Poultices

Hi everybody,

I'm _very_ new to bookbinding, and have been reading through the
archives here.

There are quite a few mentions of using a poultice (e.g. of methyl
cellulose) for various things. I was just wondering if there's a special
meaning or technique for poultice in this context, or if it just refers
to a thick layer of whatever the substance happens to be?

^nomination for newbie question of the year ;)

Thanks
- carly

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung