Re: [BKARTS] Poultices - thanks

Thank you - that cleared it up nicely :)

- carly

Rachel M. Kadel-Garcia wrote:

The American Heritage Dictionary defines poultice as "A soft moist mass of
bread, meal, clay, or other adhesive substance, usually heated, spread on
cloth, and applied to warm, moisten, or stimulate an aching or inflamed
part of the body".  Obviously bookbinding poultices don't precisely match
this definition, but I think that poultices differ from other possible
thick layers of whatever in that the substance is being applied
temporarily, in order to affect the material underneath it (usually to
soften or moisten it in a controlled way).  So there's a special meaning,
but I don't think there's a uniformity of technique.

Rachel

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung