[BKARTS] children's book repair at NEDCC

For folks in the Northeast wanting to learn simple, basic repairs:

The instructor at the Basic Book Repair workshop yesterday told me
that there's only 3 people signed up so far for the Children's Book
repair workshop on Nov. 9 at NEDCC in Andover. If you know of anyone
who might be interested in taking this workshop, please pass along
the info about the class. Here's a link to the workshop's description:

http://www.nedcc.org/nedccwork/nedccdesc.htm#6

You don't have to have done the Basic Book Repair workshop, and this
is going to include some stuff that is part of the Intermediate Book
Repair workshop. So, if you're going to do just one class, I think
this would be the one. I think there's a lot of school and public
libraries out there that would benefit from sending someone to this
workshop. Anyone working with a circulating children's book
collection would benefit from this workshop.

The instructor is very skilled and a great teacher, and you are sent
home not only having done basic repairs but with a treasure trove of
information about materials, more in-depth repair information, and
broader conservation and preservation matters. (If there's $100 in
the budget, I'd say it's better spent on this first rather than
materials.)

If you know of librarians, library aides, library or school
volunteers who'd be interested, please pass this along. The
registration deadline is Nov. 1. And again, it's open to anyone. You
don't have to be associated with an institution.

---Amy West