[BKARTS] October events at the Center

This month The Center for Book Arts will be celebrating its 30th anniversary with a weeklong calendar of events.

Robert Bringhurst will begin the week by giving our 30th anniversary lecture and a performance of his polyphonic poem for three readers, New World Suite, No. 3 on Wednesday, October 13th at 7 pm. This special poem will be printed here at the Center, re-launching our limited editions publications program. Reservations are suggested for this special event, as seating is limited.

The following night, Thursday October 14th   at 6: 30 pm, the renowned binder Hedi Kyle will be delivering a lecture co-sponsored by the New York Chapter of the Guild of Bookworkers. On Friday evening, October 15th we have planned the opening of our fall gallery exhibition, 30 Years of Printing and Publishing,  which features work created by printers, writers and artists who have worked at the Center, including letterpress printed ephemera, broadsides and chapbooks. Finally, Mr. Bringhurst will be teaching his Masterclass in Typography the weekend of October 16th and 17th.

 The Center is located at 28 West 27th Street, on the 3rd floor, between 6th Avenue and Broadway. To get to the Center by train, take the N, R to 28th Street and Broadway; the F to 23rd Street and 6th Avenue; or the 1 or 9 to 28th Street and 7th Avenue. Please call the Center for details on parking in the neighborhood.  For further information or to register for workshops and classes, call the Center at (212) 481-0295 or visit http://www.centerforbookarts.org

The Center for Book Arts
28 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001

phone (212) 481-0295