[BKARTS] Artist's Reception: October 14th 4-7

Dear friends:
If you are in or around New York City next week,
Thursday, October 14th
I'd like to invite you to join me for
Opening Night!

"URBAN MOTION: Sculpture & Artist Books on Dance by Alice Simpson
at
The Treasure Room Gallery
The Interchurch Center
475 Riverside Drive
at 120th Street
New York, NY
from
4 to 7
(Day of reception, free parking in building garage
at 61 Claremont Avenue after 4:30)

Exhibition runs from   October 14 to November 16th
Gallery hours: Monday thru Friday: 9-5

While my vision has remained almost singularly focused on dance themes,
the materials have changed. Two years ago I began working in clay,
sculpting dancers from the ballroom and this past year from the Hip Hop
scene.
Books and sculptures will dance in a marathon of;
Tango, Dirty Dancing, Swing, Rumba and Breakdancing!

A rare and amusing film clip will be shown at the reception, my father
Hal Sherman, renown “eccentric” vaudeville dancer in 1930s "One For The
Books."

In November I will be speaking about my work at the Gallery.

Hope to see and meet you.

S T I L L * D A N C I N G
         A L I C E