From:  DanceMarathon1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:43:12 EDT
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Artist's Reception: October 14th 4-7

Dear friends:
If you are in or around New York City next week,
Thursday, October 14th
I'd like to invite you to join me for=20
Opening Night!

"URBAN MOTION: Sculpture & Artist Books on Dance by Alice Simpson
at=20
The Treasure Room Gallery=20
The Interchurch Center
475 Riverside Drive=20
at 120th Street
New York, NY
from=20
4 to 7
(Day of reception, free parking in building garage=20
at 61 Claremont Avenue after 4:30)

Exhibition runs from   October 14 to November 16th
Gallery hours: Monday thru Friday: 9-5

While my vision has remained almost singularly focused on dance themes,=20
the materials have changed. Two years ago I began working in clay,=20
sculpting dancers from the ballroom and this past year from the Hip Hop=20
scene.=20
Books and sculptures will dance in a marathon of;
Tango, Dirty Dancing, Swing, Rumba and Breakdancing!
=20
A rare and amusing film clip will be shown at the reception, my father=20
Hal Sherman, renown =E2=80=9Ceccentric=E2=80=9D vaudeville dancer in 1930s
"=
One For The=20
Books."=20

In November I will be speaking about my work at the Gallery.

Hope to see and meet you.

S T I L L * D A N C I N G
         A L I C E